The MCS Unit supports the other departments of the FSB by:
- co-ordinating and giving input to strategic market conduct regulatory and supervisory projects
- developing recommendations to amend and harmonise legislation to implement market conduct policy objectives, including TCF principles
- providing guidance and expertise to FSB supervisory teams in implementing a TCF aligned approach to supervision
- facilitating consultation with internal and external stakeholders with regards to the above projects
- representing the FSB in international forums and consultations on market conduct matters
- promoting industry wide
awareness and understanding of TCF and other market conduct initiatives.